International Donor Surgery and Organ Perfusion Masterclass
28th October 2019 - 30th October 2019
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Time: 28 and 29 October 09:00 – 22:00 hrs & 30 October 09:00 – 15:00 hrs
The International Donor Surgery & Organ Perfusion Masterclass contains both theory and practice on abdominal organ procurement, perfusion and preservation. It will take place at the Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands on 28 - 30 October 2019.
Objective and description
The Masterclass objective is to train attendees on standardized surgical techniques of abdominal organ procurement, up-to-date information concerning anatomy, principles of organ procurement and preservation. The Masterclass also contains elements about kidney, pancreas and liver back-table surgery. This year the Basic Course on Split Liver is canceled and in exchange ‘Abdominal Organ Perfusion Technology’ is introduced. Most available machines on the market will be shown with information, demonstration and practice exercises in different methods of organ perfusion.
- Junior Surgeons / Surgical Fellows - involved in organ retrieval and preservation
- Surgeons dedicated to abdominal organ procurement and transplantation, who participate in organ retrieval teams in their own transplant region and wish to receive specialized training in this field
- Certified procurement surgeons who want to renew or expand their knowledge about modern methods of retrieval, perfusion and preservation
- Abdominal Organ Preservation Practitioners or Operating Theatre Practitioners competent in all aspects of abdominal organ preservation and perfusion
All attendees are strongly advised to have completed the Multi-Organ Donor Procurement Surgery E-learning course.
The E-learning comprises 11 chapters: Anatomical Variants, Preparation, Thoraco-laparotomy, Examination Abdominal Organs, Mobilization, Cannulation & Cold Perfusion, Thoracic Organ Procurement, Pancreatectomy, Hepatectomy, Nephrectomy, Final steps. It takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
The Masterclass starts on Monday 28 October at 09:00 hrs and it ends on Wednesday 30 October at 15:00 hrs.
View the full program
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Registration Fee: € 795,- (excl. VAT), to be paid in advance.
Registration fee includes:
- 3-day Masterclass
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
- refreshments and snacks at the Masterclass location
The registration fee does not include accommodation, transportation and breakfast.
All Masterclass lecturers will stay in a hotel close to Leiden Central Station and the Leiden University Medical Centre. You are advised to do the same. When a congress hotel is selected, we will announce it here.