The e-learning module 'Surgical techniques for Heart and Lung Donation' has been developed for surgeons who are interested in procurement surgery.
After finishing the e-learning module, the surgeon:
- will be familiar with the important aspects of organ offers (heart and lungs);
- will know how to cooperate with the team with the appropriate attitude and behavioral skills including some golden rules;
- will have a complete understanding of the preparation and retrieval phase;
- will know the correct steps for retrieval of the heart and lungs (DBD and DCD).
The e-learning module comprises of six lessons with a variety of drawings, videos and study questions. The module follows a sequential routing. Lessons can however be studied separately at any given time. Relevant study questions are presented. The correct answers are required in order to proceed. The system will provide feedback.
The e-learning module end with a test. If you complete this test, you will receive a certificate.
It will take approximately two to three hours to successfully complete the e-learning.
The module focuses on cognitive skills and a professional approach to cardiothoracic donor surgery. It does not develop psychomotor skills. Therefore it should be a part of a wider training in the surgical aspects.
End User License Agreement
The provider will store the following information: the applicant’s name, title, e-mail address, position, hospital and department. The use of this information is limited to the monitoring and successful completion of the e-learning by the surgeon. The surgeon will be informed about the monitoring by signing an End User License Agreement (EULA) as he/she first logs on to the E-learning. The owner and provider respect and confirm the confidentiality of the surgeon's personal data. Personal data will not be provided to third parties.
- Standard fee 200 euro per account. The above fee is exclusive of VAT.
- Prolongation:The license normally expires after one year. Users are offered to extend this with one year.
- Prolongation Fee: One extra year 30 euro exclusive of VAT.
- For info & registration, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an invoice and we will send you a link to register for our Learning Management System. To be granted access, applicants should provide their full name, position, hospital and professional e-mail address. The provider reserves the right to ask the applicant for a proof of his or her position before an user account to the e-learning is provided.
- As soon as the payment of the user fee has been received by the Dutch Transplant Foundation, your account will be activated and you will get access to the e-learning in our Learning Management System.