Upon completion of the e-learning, the surgeon:
- will have a complete understanding of the preparation, procurement and aftercare phase of abdominal multi-organ donor procurement surgery (DBD);
- knows the correct steps for retrieval of the kidney, liver and pancreas considering several anatomical variations;
- knows how to cooperate with the team with the appropriate attitude and behavioral skills.
The e-learning comprises eleven chapters. Each chapter:
- discusses a main aspect or part of the procedure;
- is divided into several sections, each dealing with a specific sub-topic. These sections may be subdivided into several steps or screens, depending on the extent of the topic;
- can be studied separately and at different time points. The program ‘naturally’ follows a sequential routing according to the sequence of the procedure and favors completion of all steps and interactive exercises to allow continuation, but free navigation is possible too;
- includes interactive exercises with relevant questions that have to be answered to allow continuation (unless deliberate navigation to other steps) and completion;
- is supported by visualization of the surgery using drawings, photographs and video-clips with voice-over (English).
- provides extensive feedback to the trainee.
Results and time investment
You will receive a certificate after completing the e-learning module. It will take approximately 4 hours to successfully complete the e-learning.
Within the Netherlands this e-learning is part of mandatory training trajectory to qualify as an explant surgeon. The Dutch trajectory comprises three training and certification modules: e-learning, training-on-the-job and a Masterclass.
The entire training trajectory is awarded with 24 credits by the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Heelkunde.
End User License Agreement
The provider will store the following information: the applicant’s name, title, e-mail address, position, hospital and department. The use of this information is limited to the monitoring and successful completion of the e-learning by the surgeon. The surgeon will be informed about the monitoring by signing an End User License Agreement (EULA) as he/she first logs on to the E-learning. The owner and provider respect and confirm the confidentiality of the surgeon's personal data. Personal data will not be provided to third parties.
Standard fee 150 euro per account. For ESOT-members the fee is 125 euro per account. The fees are exclusive of VAT.
Prolongation: The license normally expires after one year. Users are offered to extend this with one year. Prolongation Fee: One extra year 30 euro exclusive of VAT
- Choose your e-learning
- Select [koop nu] (buy now)
- Register for an account, fil in the following: Voornaam (first name), Achternaam (last name), Emailadres (emailadress) and Wachtwoord (password).
- Select [nu kopen] (buy now)
- Change the language of the learning system.
- Add a billing address to your order. You will receive the invoice by mail in a few days. After receivement of your payment you will be granted access to the module.