The e-learning ‘Multi-Organ Donor Procurement surgery’ is developed for surgeons who are interested in abdominal organ procurement and transplantation surgery.
Upon completion of the e-learning, the surgeon:
- will have a complete understanding of the preparation, procurement and aftercare phase of abdominal multi-organ donor procurement surgery;
- knows the correct steps for retrieval of the kidney, liver and pancreas considering several anatomical variations;
- knows how to cooperate with the team with the appropriate attitude and behavioral skills.
The e-learning comprises eleven chapters. Each chapter:
- discusses a main aspect or part of the procedure;
- is divided into several sections, each dealing with a specific sub-topic. These sections may be subdivided into several steps or screens, depending on the extent of the topic;
- can be studied separately and at different time points. The program ‘naturally’ follows a sequential routing according to the sequence of the procedure and favors completion of all steps and interactive exercises to allow continuation, but free navigation is possible too;
- includes interactive exercises with relevant questions that have to be answered to allow continuation (unless deliberate navigation to other steps) and completion;
- is supported by visualization of the surgery using drawings, photographs and video-clips with voice-over (English).
- provides extensive feedback to the trainee.
You will receive a certificate after completing the e-learning module.
It will take approximately 4 hours to successfully complete the e-learning.
Within the Netherlands this e-learning is part of mandatory training trajectory to qualify as an explant surgeon. The Dutch trajectory comprises three training and certification modules: e-learning, training-on-the-job and a Masterclass.
The entire training trajectory is awarded with 24 credits by the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Heelkunde.
End User License Agreement
The provider will store the following information: the applicant’s name, title, e-mail address, position, hospital and department. The use of this information is limited to the monitoring and successful completion of the e-learning by the surgeon. The surgeon will be informed about the monitoring by signing an End User License Agreement (EULA) as he/she first logs on to the E-learning. The owner and provider respect and confirm the confidentiality of the surgeon's personal data. Personal data will not be provided to third parties.
Standard fee 150 euro per account. For ESOT-members the fee is 125 euro per account. The fees are exclusive of VAT.
Prolongation: The license normally expires after one year. Users are offered to extend this with one year.
- One extra year 30 euro exclusive of VAT
- For info & registration, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org In this email please state if you are and ESOT-member, so we are able to charge the right fee.
- You will receive an invoice and we will send you a link to register for our Learning Management System.
- To be granted access, applicants should provide their full name, position, hospital and professional e-mail address. The provider reserves the right to ask the applicant for a proof of his or her position before an user account to the e-learning is provided.
- As soon as the payment of the user fee has been received by the Dutch Transplant Foundation, your account will be activated and you will get access to the e-learning in our Learning Management System.